o Gallery Amazon
This jungle lodge is one of the most luxurious, least rustic lodges in Ecuador’s Amazon. A short distance from Tena, Casa del Suizo has an outdoor swimming pool, 75 rooms with electricity, ceiling fans, private terraces, and hot water. The hotel restaurant serves sprawling buffets of international cuisine and an indoor and pool bar with a full menu of tropical drinks. There is international phone service available for guests, but it is costly.
The hotel began as just a lodging house in 1985 and slowly expanded over time to the luxury hotel it is now.
|3 Days||4 Days||5 Day||Taxes||Airfare|
|Dolphin Lodge||$ 600||$ 750||$ 10||$200|
|Cotococha Lodge||$ 195||$ 315||$ 420||$ 0||on request|
|El Jardín Aleman||$ 216||$ 324||$ 432||$ 10||on request|
|Huasquilla Lodge||$ 240||$ 360||$ 480||$ 20||on request|
|La Casa del Suizo||$ 290||$ 435||$ 580||$ 20||on request|
The itineraries are flexible and include typical lodge activities like hikes through the rainforest, canoe rides and visits to communities. The rainforest surrounding the lodge isthe primary forest.
The package includes:
- Canoe from Ahuano to Casa del Suizo (Round Trip)
- Local naturalist guide (indigenous guide)
- Fluvial Transportation
- Three daily meals
- Programmed excursions
- Accommodation in cabins with private bathrooms
- Safe bottle water in meals, cabins and excursions
- Rubber boots (up to size 43)
The package does not include:
- Transportation from Quito to Casa del Suizo (by bus or private car driver)
- Soft beverages
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal equipment: flash lights, rain poncho.